Re: Help needed for EHCI problem: removing an active bulk-in QH

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 12:21 PM, Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Nov 2015, Michael Reutman wrote:
>> Ran 1 million operations of launch+cancel usb transfers last night
>> without getting into the stuck state. I'll bump up the iterations to
>> 10 million or so and run it again tonight just to be certain, but I
>> think the last patch has the fix needed for this particular hardware.
>
> Okay, that sounds good.  If everything works out, I'll write a patch
> that does all this properly and ask you to test it.

I ended up setting the usb test to run until the user decided to
cancel it and ran it overnight for a total of 18 hours. Appears to
have avoided the "stuck" state!

> PS: Assuming it does work out, I would appreciate seeing the usb_snoop
> output for a run containing just 20 iterations or so.

Do you want me to grab usb_snoop for the last patch you provided or
with the formal patch? Also, do you want usb_snoop_max enabled as
well?

Glad to be reaching a definite conclusion to this problem.