Re: implement put_char() in cdc-acm

On Tue, 2015-10-27 at 16:45 +0100, Sven Brauch wrote:
> Hey Oliver,
>
> On 27/10/15 16:07, Oliver Neukum wrote:
> > the theory that the lack of support for put_char() is a
> > major contributor to character loss in cdc-acm can be tested.
> > Sven, could you test the attached patch? It implements
> > the support.
> Thanks a lot for caring about this. I applied the patch to a plain linux
> 4.2 tree, but unfortunately I couldn't see any improvements. Applying

That is unfortunate. So your problem is with not enough buffers.

> the patch I originally sent to the list for comparison still fixed the
> issue.

Peter, what to do about this? I think there are issues with Sven's
original patch. In particular I can't see how it can guarantee
progress. Is there a way to just really increase tty buffers,
e.g. quadruple them?

Sven, could we run a few more tests before we look at your patch
again? It really has issues, but it does help and nothing else
does. If necessary I will merge an improved version of your patch.

	Regards
		Oliver