Re: Overly conservative xHCI bandwidth estimation

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 04:46:22PM -0400, Alan Stern wrote:
> It does.  Grep for max_burst in drivers/usb/host/x*.c to see where it
> gets used.  (Note that in a couple of places involving USB-2 devices,
> the code uses max_burst where it really means multiplicity.)

OK, so this is very curious. I hacked the endpoint descriptors to set
max_burst=1, max_esit_payload=1024, mult=0 (in xhci_endpoint_init, which
seems to be the thing that actually produces the structures the device
consumed, so I'm reasonably sure nothing else is modifying it on the way).
Still it says COMP_BW_ERR. Setting interval=3 (it used to be 0) has no
effect. Either my override isn't working, or this just isn't about bandwidth,
but something else.

I also tried ignoring the three other endpoints (early-out in
xhci_add_endpoint) just to check that they weren't taking up some resource
I was needing, and it didn't change anything. If I also ignore the video
endpoint itself (0x83), the altsetting _does_ go through, but of course then
I can't get any data from it.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/