Re: PROBLEM: lsusb -v freezes kernel on Acer ES1-111M

Hi Alan,

> The only reason I can think of why it might hang is if some clock got
> turned off.  But I don't know of any clock which would have that
> effect, or which would get turned off before we reach this point.
>
> I also don't understand why the ehci_readl() would freeze when the
> preceding ehci_writel() succeeded.  Can you try putting a copy of the
> ehci_readl() line just before the ehci_writel(), to see if it will work
> there?

Done:
        printk(KERN_INFO "ehci_halt: about to readl prematurely\n");
        temp = ehci_readl(ehci, &ehci->regs->command);
        printk(KERN_INFO "ehci_halt: premature readl returned %x\n", temp);

        /* disable any irqs left enabled by previous code */
        ehci_writel(ehci, 0, &ehci->regs->intr_enable);
        printk(KERN_INFO "ehci_halt: after first ehci_writel\n");

It works there. Result:
premature readl returned 10000

thanks and cheers,
  Roland