Re: PROBLEM: lsusb -v freezes kernel on Acer ES1-111M

Hello Alan,

> You can try the debugging patch below.  It will tell us when the items
> on the workqueue get executed, which could be a useful clue.  You
> should test this from a VT console with the logging level set high
> enough so that the log messages show up on the screen.

No luck. I've booted into the patched kernel and set the logging level,
including .../dynamic_debug/control. I've verified that I get log output
by attaching and detaching an USB device; that gets logged. But when I
call "lsusb -v", the only output is the ID of the device that's going
to be probed. That's what I always get. The kernel freezes before the
new log statements, or any others in hub.c, are executed.

Later this week, I can enable logging with kernel boot parameters and
send the output, if that might be of help.

thanks and cheers,
  Roland