Re: [TESTPATCH] xhci: custom debug patch for command mismatch

On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 21:09:20 +0200, Vincent Pelletier
<plr.vincent@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm not sure how I'll get this (I have a lot to learn about kernel
> debugging).

Answering to myself: log_buf_len kernel parameter.
I sent you my dmesg off-list (335KB raw, 46KB gzipped).

> FWIW, I gave a try at unloading and reloading just xhci_pci, and the
> error did not pop up after more than 30 cycles.

And of course, plugging a screen screen after requesting reboot, I
caught a glimpse of many messages on TTY not appearing in the log file.
It was too shot for me to tell if they were ones added in your patch
though. "Command completion event does not match command" does not even
appear there.

Regards,
--
Vincent Pelletier