Re: Some restrictions when using usbtest and g_zero

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 04:25:08PM +0800, Peter Chen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have played usbtest and g_zero (f_sourcesink & f_loopback) to do
> the tests between two boards these days, and have found some restrictions,
> I list them here, and to see if they are common problems and can
> be improved or not.

first of all: why don't you just use the hcd-tests.sh shipped with the
kernel ? Just start it with:

./hcd-tests.sh control in out halt

> - Test 13 will fail due to there is pending IN request (f_sourcesink
> will queue a request unconditionally at its completion), and udc driver
> will run out error if that. udc driver must do that if it wants to

wait, what ? test 13 works just fine here. (I'll try again in a few
minutes just to make sure)

> pass USB CV2.0 MSC TEST. (othwerwise, "Command Set Test - Device Configured"
> will fail)

Why would a pending struct usb_request in your queue fail USB CV ?

> - The parameter 'vary' must be the same with 'length' when do bulk/iso
> READ test, the host's packet size can't be smaller than device's.
> And 'vary' must be smaller than 'length' when do ctrl test.

yeah, I don't think vary works well for iso as of now. If you can fix
that, we can merge the patch.

> - When using pattern = 1 as module parameters to compare the data, the
> packet size must be same between host and device's.

why ?

--
balbi