Re: just a cosmetic thing ? :"# CONFIG_USB_SUPPORT is not set" but "CONFIG_USB_OHCI_LITTLE_ENDIAN=y" needed in .config

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015, Toralf Förster wrote:

> /me do still wonder, if the 2nd is needed anyway even in a USB-free
> kernel config or if this is just an artifact whcih should be cleaned
> up.

It's just an artifact; it's not needed.  You can clean it up if you
want, but I doubt it would be worthwhile.

There are lots of similar artifacts.  For example, in arch/x86/Kconfig
the X86 option selects CONFIG_HAVE_PCSPKR_PLATFORM even if your
computer doesn't have a speaker and you haven't enabled
CONFIG_INPUT_PCSPKR.

Alan Stern