Re: Video transfer hangs with cx231xx deivce on ASM1042A USB 3.0 Host Controller

Hi

On 08.04.2015 20:45, Rodrigo Severo wrote:
> Hi,
>

> When connecting cx231xx video grab devices (which are USB 2.0
> themselves) on ASMedia ASM1042A USB 3.0 Host Controllers the video
> capture process hangs after a few minutes. Besides hanging my log is
> flowed with the following warning:

Does this only happend with the ASMedia ASM1042A xHCI controller?
Can you reproduce it with a xHCI controller from another vendor?

> xhci_hcd 0000:05:00.0: WARN Successful completion on short TX: needs
> XHCI_TRUST_TX_LENGTH quirk?
>
> I believe it's important to notice that the same capture device on the
> same motherboard but on a different USB host (the USB controller:
> Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB EHCI
> Controller) runs smoothly for months (I'm using it to record real time
> video continuously).
>
> I tested this several months ago with the same results but didn't have
> the time to pursue a final proper fix.
>
> At that time I even tested enabling XHCI_TRUST_TX_LENGTH quirk for the
> ASM1042A USB 3.0 Host Controller which eliminated the warnings on my
> logs but didn't solve the hang issues.

Can you add xhci debugging and post the output before the hang.

Enable xhci debugging with:
echo -n 'module xhci_hcd =p' > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control

-Mathias