Re: Repeatedly connect/disconnect events for USB devices

On Tue, Apr 07, 2015 at 10:27:15PM +0200, Matthias Nagel wrote:
> Obeying to a wish made by Greg Kroah-Hartman I hereby send my bug
> report [1] to this list. I do not include the attachments as the can
> be found at [1]. The description:

Please send the attachments, no one wants to dig for web links :(

> The kernel repeatedly reports disconnected event followed by an
> immediate connect event for any USB device. Let's call this a
> "re-connection event". Sometimes this re-connection events occur in a
> burst with dozens in a row before the connection becomes "stable"
> again. If at a specific moment in time one device is affected all
> other devices might not, but later another device shows the same
> problem. This effects all device classes, but the interval between
> those re-connection events seems to depend on the device class.

This really sounds like some broken hardware as there's nothing that the
kernel can do to disconnect/reconnect a device like this.  Given that
your hardware works fine in a different machine, I would blame this host
controller / internal hub / pci board / motherboard / power supply or
some part of that chain.

Best of luck,

greg k-h