Re: Errata for Freescale root-hub TT?

On Wed, Apr 01, 2015 at 10:35:16AM -0400, Alan Stern wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Apr 2015, Peter Chen wrote:
>
> > > This is bad.  All the endpoints have maxpacket = 1023, and that's much
> > > too big for this test.  We need a maxpacket size of 64 (maybe a little
> > > bigger but not much).
> > >

> > Back to this issue, 1024 bytes is only ~70% for frame, why it reports
> > "iso sched full" when I only wants to use one endpoint for playback
> > or capture?
>
> The low/full-speed periodic scheduler in ehci-hcd is pretty bad.  It
> doesn't follow the recommendations of the USB spec and it is
> sub-optimal in several respects.  One consequence of these problems is
> that it is not able to schedule any isochronous transfer with a maximum
> packet size larger than about 990 bytes.

Get it. That's why I got "iso sched full" with direct full-speed connection
between UAC2 gadget (with wMaxPacketSize = 1023) and host controller.

But why it does not allocate bandwidth according to frame rate, but
according to wMaxPacketSize? Audio does requirement (through URB) for it?

--

Best Regards,
Peter Chen