Re: [Spice-devel] Questions on usbredir + XSpice

Hi,

On 17-03-15 15:50, Jeremy White wrote:
Hey Hans,

I'm coming back around to this; we've been tasked to actually make this
work.

It seems as though adding usbredir support to the kernel, either as a
flavor of usbip, or as a parallel solution is the best approach.

But I realize I'm really ignorant, and I should do a lot of homework
before I start asking stupid questions.

I was wondering - do you have any good FMs I could go read?  I see on
the web that you once gave a presentation to the kernel guys - have any
slide decks lying around that might help me?  Seems like things are
pretty stale on all fronts; I've got the usbip source (now in the
kernel).  I've got the usbredir source, which is less stale.  Not seeing
much on the usbip mailing list.

Any other mailing list threads I should review?

I'm afraid I do not have much help to offer, I do not know any books /
presentations / mailinglist threads which are worthwhile to read here,
I think you just need to start working on this, and then ask questions
when necessary, when asking questions please Cc: linux-usb <linux-usb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Regards,

Hans