Re: gt-s5570 and pl2303.ko

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 02:55:24PM +0100, Milutin Aksic wrote:
> Hello,
> I want to communicate my android gt-s5570 with microcontroller via usb to
> serial communication adapter (Prolific pl2303hxd chip uart to rs232). Kernel
> is 2.6.35.7 version (custom ROM jb 4.2.2) and I compiled pl2303.ko module

Eeek, 2.6.35?  That's just _so_ old it's not funny, and nothing that any
community member can ever support, sorry.  If you ar stuck with that
kernel version due to a vendor, please work with that vendor to solve
your issue, as you are paying support from them.

> and installed with insmod command without errors. Also I created 8 devices
> as:
> mknod /dev/ttyUSB0 c 188 0
> mknod /dev/ttyUSB1 c 188 1 ...

Why would you do this?  devtmpfs should have created them automatically
when the device is plugged in and bound to the driver?

> and so on. But when I connect converter with otg cable nothing happens.
> Simpletest apk finds no devices and dmesg shows nothing related to inserted
> pl2303 converter.

What does the kernel log show when you plug the device in?

thanks,

greg k-h