Re: default/target product id /vendor id for usb devices

I have a new usb dongle Huawei E3531 trying to support in my h/w
having old kernel version 2.6.16.
I use usb_modeswitch to change the mode from usb storage to modem
manually. As I do not have udev rule
support in my h/w, I need an alternative way of mode switching during
plugin time automatically. For that I have
added the default device and vendor id in unusual_devs.h with
UNUSUAL_DEV() macro to ignore the storage driver in
the first place and added the target device and vendor id in the
option.c to get the option driver loaded on related interface.
Below is the default and target entries mention in the usb_modeswitch help.

/root # usb_modeswitch -h

Usage: usb_modeswitch [<params>] [-c filename]

 -v, --default-vendor NUM      vendor ID of original mode (mandatory)
 -p, --default-product NUM     product ID of original mode (mandatory)
 -V, --target-vendor NUM       target mode vendor ID (optional)
 -P, --target-product NUM      target mode product ID (optional)
 -C, --target-class NUM        target mode device class (optional)