Re: Unable to reap urb after receiving signal using usbfs.

On Wed, 11 Feb 2015, Dave Mielke wrote:

> [quoted lines by Alan Stern on 2015/02/11 at 12:11 -0500]
>
> >That probably is the explanation.  I don't know anything about
> >signalfd; you should ask somebody who does.
>
> Okay, I shall. Perhaps you could answer another question that I've been
> wondering about. Does usbfs send the completion signal to the thread that
> submitted the urb or to the whole process? If to the whole process, is there a
> way to redirect it to just the thread?

The code calls kill_pid_info_as_cred() and the pid it passes is derived
from get_pid(task_pid(current)).  I don't know whether task_pid refers
to the entire process or just the current thread -- my guess is the
process.

The only way to change it is to change the kernel code.

Alan Stern