Re: USB Gadgetfs

On -1 xxx -1 ashwin.deshpande@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello Alern San,
>
> This is with reference to http://libusb.6.n5.nabble.com/How-to-send-receive-data-using-gadgetfs-bulk-endpoint-td5076584.html

Questions like this should be sent to the linux-usb mailing list
(CC'ed).

> I am trying to configure freescale's iMX6 SabreSD board as device and
> UBUNTU Desktop as a host and transfer images over USB using gadgetfs,
> i have googled so many links but I am not clear about the exact
> procedure to follow.
>
> All examples states, run usb.c, but how to make an executable for my
> target board (iMX6 SabreSD).

Compile usb.c.  Or cross-compile it on a different computer, if you
don't have a compiler that runs on the SabreSD.

> Also the controllers stated in autoconfig() functions doesn't match
> with the one used in SabreSD.

I don't think that matters very much, so long as your controller
provides the necessary endpoints.

> If i follow the procedure
> 1) mkdir /dev/gadget
> 2) modprobe gadgetfs
> 3) mount -t gadgetfs none /dev/gadget
>
> I get an error "nop ci_hdrc.0: failed to start (null): -120"

Somebody who is more familiar with the ci_hdrc driver will have to
answer this.

> If you can guide with step by step procedure, I would be thankful
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Ashwin Deshpande

Alan Stern