Re: Control message failures kill entire XHCI stack

On 27.01.2015 00:20, Alistair Grant wrote:
> I've come across what appears to be another xHCI issue - attempting to
> format a disk with gparted is causing a kernel Oops.  This may not be
> related to the issue you're currently investigating, but wanted to
> pass it on in case it is (if it isn't let me know and I'll either keep
> quiet or raise it separately, whatever you prefer).
>
> I can easily reproduce the crash running 3.19rc6 with Mathias
> additional error and debugging messages (debugging switched off).  I
> wasn't able to reproduce the issue with xhci debugging enabled, i.e.:

I got a some new patches to test, added to the same for-usb-next-test
branch in git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mnyman/xhci.git

Alistair, did you manage to Oops the kernel without the debug patches?
It might be caused by them (trying to access non-existing ep->ring->td_list pointer).

If you are able to reproduce the HDD gparted format oops on a normal (without my testpaches)
kernel then I think it should be reported as a separate issue.

-Mathias