Re: intensive IO on usb-storage device causing system lock

Hello to everybody reading this list,
Hello alan.

First of all - thank you for your help, attention and time in helping me troubleshoot this problem.
I am 99% certain the device generating the problem is
Bus 001 Device 010: ID 1e68:0022 TrekStor GmbH & Co. KG

I don't think the problem is on the hardware behaviour.
I am recompiling the kernel now with some more debugging hints - sorry I didn't do this before.
To trigger the problem it takes LOTS of IO, so I will be back in some days
unfortunately.
Thank you for the usbmon hint - I think I'll try this if we can't understand what's happening from the tracing data. I say this because I think that usbmon will generate LOT of data - literally GB of it, and itwould become problematic to handle / share it the right way.
thank you very much again,
enrico