Re: Boot regression on Versatile Express TC2 after commit b2b49ccbdd

On Wed, 21 Jan 2015, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> > Well, assuming that the HCD driver doesn't support wakeup signaling,
> > it would be good to have a way to indicate the lack of support for
> > autosuspend to the USB core so as to avoid the user-visible breakage.
> >
> > Do we have any means for that?
>
> For example, would it help to add
>
> 	device_set_wakeup_capable(hcd->self.controller, 0);
>
> somewhere at the beginning of isp1760_hc_setup()?

Yes, we could use that instead of adding a new flag.

> For example, would it help to add
>
> 	device_set_wakeup_capable(hcd->self.controller, 0);
>
> somewhere at the beginning of isp1760_hc_setup()?

At the moment it wouldn't help.  The problem isn't that we want to
avoid suspending the controller or its root hub; the problem is that we
want to avoid suspending a device plugged into the root hub if that
device needs to be enabled for wakeup.  This is because when the device
sends its wakeup signal, the controller won't receive it.

Alan Stern