Re: USB Creative Soundcard non-functioning on 3.13 kernel and above

On Mon, 22 Dec 2014 robtongue@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Ok I tried that kernel option first, and that actually worked without issue. I
> then tried your patch without that kernel option set, and it also worked.
> Finally I tried that kernel option =y with your patch, and it worked as well.
>
> So with that said, is there any need to provide further logs as without the
> patch seems to work?  If so I will provide.

No need for logs.  Not using the Kconfig option would explain the
peculiar things I saw.

I'm going to withhold the patch for now, as it could affect other
people adversely.  Since the Kconfig option solves your problem,
there's no real need for the patch.

> As always, thank you for your time.

You're welcome.

Alan Stern