Re: usb2 and usb3 ports drop samples while recording from airspy to /dev/null

On Thu, 18 Dec 2014, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:

> On 2014-12-17 18:25, Alan Stern wrote:
> >> Please let me know what info I should add to help find the root cause.
> >
> > What are we supposed to see?  The lsusb output in the bug report lists
> > a bunch of devices, but it's not clear which one is the airspy.
>
> Perhaps bus 4, device 10?

In the lsusb -t output, there are no devices listed on bus 4.

The usbmon trace shows data for bus 10, device 10.  In the lsusb -t
output there is no driver listed for that device.  Maybe that's the
airspy.

What makes you think the problem here lies in the kernel rather than in
the airspy_rx program?

Also, do you have any direct evidence that samples are getting dropped
(as opposed to the sample rate simply being reported incorrectly)?
For example, does an audio stream get messed up?

Alan Stern