Re: [sur40] Videobuf2 and/or DMA?

Hello Alan,

On 11.12.2014 20:36, Alan Stern wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Dec 2014, Florian Echtler wrote:
>> - Can I always use DMA on the USB side (for bulk transfers), or does
>> this in any way require support from the USB device's hardware? (I'm
>> guessing no, but a definite answer would be great.)
> DMA requires hardware support in the USB host controller, not in the
> USB device.  Most current USB host controllers support DMA; only a few
> of the oldest ones don't.
thanks - good to know for sure. AFAICT if I want to transfer bulk
messages using DMA, I can't just use kalloc and usb_bulk_msg, but need
usb_alloc_coherent, usb_fill_bulk_urb and usb_submit_urb, correct?

Also, can you suggest any documentation regarding the relation between
videobuf2 and DMA?

Thanks & best regards, Florian
--
SENT FROM MY DEC VT50 TERMINAL