[sur40] Videobuf2 and/or DMA?

Hello everyone,

I'm preparing to finally add support for the raw sensor video stream to
my driver for the SUR40 touchscreen. However, after an extensive amount
of Googling, I'm still not clear on the relationship between DMA
transfers, the USB core and the videobuf2 framework.

Specifically, I'd like to know:

- Can I always use DMA on the USB side (for bulk transfers), or does
this in any way require support from the USB device's hardware? (I'm
guessing no, but a definite answer would be great.)

- Regardless of the USB side of things, can I use the videobuf2
framework without _having_ to use DMA? That way, I could get a basic
driver running without DMA and switch later when it's convenient and/or
the speedup is justified.

Thanks & best regards, Florian
--
SENT FROM MY DEC VT50 TERMINAL