Re: USB storage device cause usb bus can't enter runtime suspend

On Sun, 23 Nov 2014, liu chunlin wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
> AS I known,SDcard use SDIO interface,I need use a sdcard-reader( USB to SDIO)if I want to use sdcard on my board ,but I have try many sdcard-reader without sdcard to connect usb ,all of them will cause usb bus can't enter runtime suspend. and I try to connect a usb storage on my demo board also will cause usb bus can't enter runtime suspend,but if I press power button,the usb bus can enter suspend mode.I guess the driver hav not implemented this function.
>
> Alan Stern tell me that Runtime suspend for USB storage devices was added in the 3.14 kernel,but I can't find the patches about USB runtime.Who can help me?

I was wrong; the support was added in the 3.10 kernel by these commits:

	66311274691e
	6c9546675864
	c8158819d506
	9b21493c4520
	6df339a51e3b

with bug fixes in these commits:

	d20ec597cba1
	c60855cdb976
	10c580e4239d

In order to make runtime suspend work, you have to turn off
media-change polling.  When there's no card in the reader, the system
will constantly check to see if a card has been inserted.  This
checking will prevent the device from entering runtime suspend.

Alan Stern