Status update on xhci controllers with broken streams

Hi All,

So when I send the patches to blacklist via xhci controllers with
a product-id of 3432, as well as asmedia 1042 xhci controllers,
I promised I would spend some quality time with both once I
actually got one of each in my hands, and see if I could come
up with a workaround rather then outrightly disabling streams on
them.

Long story short: The big hammer is here to stay.

Longer version:

Alexandre Oliva passed 2 via 3432 xhci controllers on to me
at Plumbers, I've ended up testing both of them:

1) Seems to work for a couple of seconds and then hard locks
the system without leaving any clues.

2) The second one which has identical pci info behaves differently
it completed the ep-config xhci command for enabling streaming with
an invalid a Context parameter is invalid error. I've tried several
things to get around this, including first removing endpoints and
then adding them, rather then doing the remove + add in one go,
but all to no avail.

I've bought an asmedia1042 using pci-e usb3 card from ebay, and
I've been testing that as well. When used with disk enclosures
with a nec uas to sata bridge, all urbs submitted to endpoints
with streams result in a stall error.  When using it with an
asm1051 or asm1053 based enclosure things work somewhat better,
except that as soon as we cancel an urb (e.g. a data urb
on a scsi error because of a not understood scsi command), we
get a mismatch on the expect dequeue address after the set_deq
command we issue after a stop endpoint on urb cancellation.

Things still seem to work after this error, but the combination
of this error + not working with non asm uas chipsets is a
deal-breaker.

So the best thing to do seems to just leave streams disabled,
and fallback to usb-storage on these controllers.

Regards,

Hans