Bug 83371 - Kernel Panic on ASM1051e USB 3.0 Drive Connection

I have tested Kernel versions starting with 3.15.1 all the way to
3.15.10 under both Arch and Fedora, using both NEC and Intel host
controllers and the result is always the same.

Connecting a Asmedia ASM1051e device causes a kernel panic after about
a minute of connection.

Interestingly, Asmedia ASM1053 devices do not cause this issue.

I have plenty of hardware to test with, so please, let me know if
there is any logs I can provide, or test I can do that will help
resolve this issue.

Sincerely,
Ivan
Plugable Technologies