Re: g_mass_storage bug ?

On Wed, 24 Sep 2014, Felipe Balbi wrote:

> > Therefore stalling is appropriate.  Why it causes it problem for your
> > system is a different matter.  Is your UDC hardware capable of halting
> > bulk endpoints?
>
> yeah, that part is just fine; I also verified with my sniffer that bulk
> halt is happening as it should. The problem, however, is that after that
> halt condition happens, host (same board has xhci too, Linux 3.17-rc5)
> issues a reset recovery

It shouldn't; there's no reason for it to do so.  Unless something
else is going wrong on the host side.  Have you tried capturing a
usbmon trace on the host?

> and it all happens again. I stay in that loop
> for a while until it finally enumerates correctly, but when I try to
> write to the block device with dd, it resets again.
>
> I'll try the same test against my desktop (3.16.1) and a Mac OS X I have
> here, and see if the same behavior shows up.

> It seems to work better against my v3.16.1 desktop and Mac OS X then it
> does against v3.17-rc5 (running on the development board).

Indicating that this really is a host-side problem.

> I'll try using a USB stick attached to the board.

USB sticks probably won't generate the Unit Attention condition in
response to a reset.  They tend not to adhere terribly closely to the
SCSI standard.

Alan Stern