Re: OOPS: musb_hdrc

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 09, 2014 at 08:17:32PM +0400, Matwey V. Kornilov wrote:

> >> If so, ux500_dma.c and musb_cppi41.c should be almost identically
> >> wrapping dmaengine, but they aren't.
> >
> > heh, the difference is mostly because ux500 supports scatter-gather
> > while cppi41 doesn't. That can be handled generically. The other
> > differences are due to silicon errata, and that should be hidden inside
> > DMA engine driver itself, not in MUSB.
> >

> That is, If I understand correctly, one may start from the other side.
> Firstly create musb_dmaengine.c using generic dmaengine API (not
> relying on hardware model) and providing private API and then drop one
> by one existing DMA implementations from musb. Eventually, only
> musb_dmaengine.c will be kept suitable for all kinds of drivers.

you've just read my mind and that's a bit freaky :-)

But you're right. At the time we drop all other implementations, we
might as well merge musb_dmaengine.c into the core driver itself and
completely rid ourselves of MUSB private DMA API :-)

Clearly, that cannot be done in one development cycle, so we need to
find a way to introduce all this code and, meanwhile, not break anything
:-)

cheers

--
balbi