Re: Re: Re: Re: driver option create ttyUSB

A: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post
Q: Were do I find info about this thing called top-posting?
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

A: No.

http://daringfireball.net/2007/07/on_top

On Fri, Aug 08, 2014 at 02:48:08PM +0800, w wrote:

> My kernel version is 3.0.

That's really old and unsupported, you need to get support from your
vendor if you are stuck at that version, sorry.

> I just want to get some useful information from this patch.

I don't understand what was useful about it?  Your problem is that your
userspace program is not releasing the device node, forcing the kernel
to allocate a different one when the device is removed and plugged back
into the system.  If you change your userspace program to listen for the
hangup signal, and disconnect from the tty device node when that
happens, then all should be fine, right?

> Because the patch seems solved the same problem as mine.

Did you try it out on a cdc-acm device and something different happens
from a usb-serial device?

thanks,

greg k-h