Re: usb: gadget: f_uac1.c Incorrect descriptor

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 06, 2014 at 09:14:55PM +0000, Ken Helberg wrote:
> Hope this is the right place to mention/post this; I'm new to this. As a
> point of reference, I'm running uClinux on a bf609-ezkit that is based on
> 3.10, but from what I can tell this hasn't been changed/fixed since 3.10 yet
> and applies in general.
>
> As per section 4.3.2 of Universal Serial Bus Device Class Definition for
> Audio Devices (audio10.pdf), and section B.3.3.2 by example, the
> bInCollection field of the Class-Specific AudioControl (AC) Interface Header
> Descriptor is the number of AudioStreaming (AS) and MIDIStreaming (MS)
> interfaces for the given AC interface. Similarly, the baInterfaceNr
> collection is only to list the AS and MS interfaces.
>
> In f_uac1.c, the AC header descriptor states that it has 2 interfaces in its
> collection, one of those being the AC interface itself. This, at least,
> causes Windows 7 to not enumerate the device correctly. Changing the
> relative lines to make is only have 1 interface listed fixes enumeration on
> Windows 7. (I know I should provide a patch for this, but I'm still reading
> up on the proper way to submit these).
>
> Interface numbering should be dynamic. Currently, the value(s) in the
> baInterfaceNr collection are not updated when retrieved in f_audio_bind(). I
> have not tried this myself yet, but should be easy to implement/understand.
>
> If this all makes sense, I'll post a patch here (anywhere else, too?).

Sure, please send a patch and make sure to Cc the maintainer. You can
use scripts/get_maintainer.pl to help out. Also, make sure to split bug
fix from new code. I can see you'd write at least two patches:

1) Drop F_AUDIO_AC_INTERFACE from baInterfaceNr (this should have Cc:
	<stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> befor your Signed-off-by)

2) Switch to dynamic Interface number on f_uac1.c. This is new code
which would be merged for v3.18.

good luck.

--
balbi