Re: UAS errors with Jmicron

>>> mobile rack.

>>> the

>>> high-speed
>>>
>>> Hans, shouldn't we default to usb-storage rather than uas if the
>>> device
>>> supports both and isn't connected at SuperSpeed?
>>
>> We would give up command tagging needlessly.
>
> Right, that is what I was about to say. For testing purposes
> I've a Fedora rawhide install a ssd in a usb3 uas 2.5" enclosure,
> and it is much faster with uas in usb2 ports too.
>
> It looks like the device disconnects as soon as we start using
> multiple requests at once (it seems to disconnect immediately
> after the basic probing).
>
> This could be a power issue. Laszlo, what sort of drive is in the
> mobile rack, and how is it powered ?

I don't think it is a power issue.
I'm using on desktop PC on usb2 port with just a simple cable but the
disk (WD5000LPVX) only consumes 1.4 Watts (read/write) and it is
stable on Windows.

And I found an interesting thing: it is also stable with NTFS file
system under Linux even on 3.14 kernel
(that does not contain the 'usb-storage/SCSI: Add broken_fua blacklist
flag' patch https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-scsi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg30073.html
).

Br,
Laszlo