Re: Hardware bug in Intel USB-2 hub?

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014, Adam Borowski wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 04:28:03PM -0400, Alan Stern wrote:
> > Adam, your problem seems to be completely different.
>
> Not surprising, as this doesn't look like Intel USB to me:
>
> 00:14.5 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
> SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI2 Controller

Makes sense.

> So my and Toralf's problems are indeed unrelated.  Let's thus drop him
> from CC:.
>
> > Your system wakes up okay from suspend, but not from hibernation.  Was
> > there ever any kernel version where USB wakeup from hibernation did work?
>
> Any version before c1db30a2a79eb59997b13b8cabf2a50bea9f04e1.  That very
> commit also happens to fix a far more severe bug during _suspend_ on my
> hardware, in return for this regression during hibernation.

What happens with hibernation if you try the patch in

	http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=140259672425512&w=2

using both the vanilla kernel and one with commit c1db30a2a79e
reverted?

Debugging problems with hibernation is extremely difficult, because
the kernel isn't running when the problems occur and there's no way to
examine the state of the hardware at the crucial time.

Alan Stern