Re: 03f0:521d Hewlett-Packard (HP hs3110)

Stanescu Victor <Victor.Stanescu@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hello,
>
> As I have started this discussion, I'd like to assure you that I'm
> willing to do any tests you want/need in order to clarify it.

Great!  Thanks.  If you have the qmi_wwan driver (and a recent kernel -
don't remember exactly how recent...), then should be able to
temporarily test this device by doing

 modprobe qmi_wwan
 echo "03f0 521d" > /sys/bus/usb/drivers/qmi_wwan/new_id

If that works as I expect then the driver will bind to the suspected ECM
interface.  Things are least complicated if you already have the
usb-serial driver bound to the other ports.  The driver should log
something to the kernel log (use e.g. dmesg to see this).

The driver will hopefully create a wwan0 (or some other name) network
device and a /dev/cdc-wdm0 character device.  The latter can be used to
test the embedded management protocol.  If you have libqmi-glib then you
should be able to test for QMI by doing something like

  qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --device-open-version-info --wds-noop

I actually do not expect that to work...  But I do wonder if maybe AT
commands will work? I don't think minicom wants to talk to a non-tty
device, but you could try

  echo -e "ATI\r" > /dev/cdc-wdm0
  cat /dev/cdc-wdm0

Bjørn