Re: [PROBLEM 1/3] Samsung 700T1C / Elan USB Touchpad not detected as touchpad

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the response.  As I mentioned in the summary, I have sent
this to linux-input but haven't received any reponses there.  I'm
happy to dig into this myself but would appreciate any pointers for
where to start.

>From a little investigation, it seems that what makes this device
unusual is that it is a USB smartpad rather than a ps/2 device so I
thought I'd enquire here.  Testing with evtest suggests that no events
are being sent for touchpad gestures (e.g. two finger scroll) which
makes me guess that the device is communicating with a simpler
mouse-only protocol.  Is that possible?

Thanks,
Daniel