Re: ftdi_sio input hang with FT230X at high baud rate, binary data

On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 6:37 PM, Eric Smith <spacewar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 5:33 PM, Peter Stuge <peter@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> As a data point you could compare the userspace approach with libftdi1.
>
> Good idea!  I've started working on that, though I can't seem to make
> it work at all yet.  I'll keep beating on that.

Giving up on libftdi1.  It doesn't seem to work well at all, giving
inconsistent and seemingly arbitrary errors:

[eric@p1 libftdi1]$ sudo ./host
unable to set baud rate: -2 (Setting new baudrate failed)
[eric@p1 libftdi1]$ sudo ./host
error reading FTDI: -8 (usb bulk read failed)
[eric@p1 libftdi1]$ sudo ./host
unable to open ftdi device: -6 (ftdi_usb_reset failed)
[eric@p1 libftdi1]$ sudo ./host
unable to open ftdi device: -6 (ftdi_usb_reset failed)
[eric@p1 libftdi1]$ sudo ./host
error reading FTDI: -7 (usb bulk read failed)