Re: USB reset xhci_hcd for ELAN touchscreen

On Mon, Jul 07, 2014 at 10:34:30PM -0700, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 07, 2014 at 11:24:42AM +0200, Johan Hovold wrote:

> > I ended up getting the same laptop so now I'm facing the same problem
> > with repeated disconnects (especially during resume, which is really
> > annoying as it adds about a minute to resume time), even with a
> > hard-coded check-high speed "quirk" and the multitouch driver loaded.
> >
> > Did you manage to fix the disconnect issue? Are you seeing something
> > similar at resume?
>
> No, it all seems to work for me.  Here's my horrible "hack" I'm running
> with on 3.16-rc.
>
> I have seen some issues at times when the touchscreen stops working on
> resume, but it just seems "dead".  An unload/load of the xhci-hcd module
> always fixes that :)

Ok. I'm effectively using the same hack as you, but I'm seeing these
repeated disconnects during resume for about a minute still. Everything
compiled in, so no modules (or fancy hibernate scripts) though.

> I'll work on making this a "real" patch this week, when I dig out from
> my pending patch queue...

Ok, I'll wait for that, and will try to find time to debug this later.

Thanks,
Johan