Re: Kernel 3.15.2-1.gfb7c781 + USB3 (xhci_hcd) card throws CALL TRACE, completes boot

Hi,

> > Can this USB3 fix be added to Kernel's stable branch so our distro(s)
> > can/will pick it up for packaging ?
>
> What "this USB3 fix"?  Do you have the git commit id of the patch in
> Linus's tree?  And what kernel version(s) do you want to see it applied
> to?

I'm having a bit of a challenge figuring out what, exactly needs to be
applied where; I'm bouncing around for coming up on two months with this
trying to get a fix, and in "the right place".

Perhaps one of the developers involved in this to date could helpfully
chime in?

This was the solution patch from Mathias Nyman,

	"Re: xHCI regression for VIA USB 3.0 controller in
	handle_cmd_completion"
	 http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-usb/msg108830.html

The test build @ opensuse that was done for this patch by Oliver Neukum
was @