Some question about usb scsi storage driver

hi all:
when I trace kernel driver source about usb scsi storage driver, I
have below 2 questions:
1. in sd.c -> static int sd_probe(struct device *dev)
    we use below macro to get scsi_device.
           struct scsi_device *sdp = to_scsi_device(dev);

    take usb for example, is usb storage driver allocate memory for
scsi_device then calling sd_probe?
    I am looking for usb_stor_probe1 and usb_stor_probe2 but not find
where it is.

2. at the end of sd.c -> sd_probe, why we call async_schedule_domain like below
      async_schedule_domain(sd_probe_async, sdkp, &scsi_sd_probe_domain);
    to finish scsi device initialization?
    Couldn't we put what sd_probe_async directly in sd_probe?
    is there any benefit to do so?

--
Regards,