how to firing device event when SD card inserting usb card reader

hi all:
I try below flow:
1. plug in usb card reader
2. wait 2 seconds
3. plug in SD card

on ubuntu PC system, the udev can get SD plug in event
but on my embedded system, there is no udev plug event when SD plug in.

Is this issue related to media change command?
if so, should I enable kernel config or do anything in user mode program?

thanks for your help in advance,