Re: Can you help me for using USB 3.0 on ARM linux 3.0.31 ?

Thank you very much !! , Vivek

On 06/25/2014 05:18 PM, Vivek Gautam wrote:

> Hi Taeung,
    >

    > Few questions here:
    >
> 1) Preasently which hardware do you have ? Is it smdk5250 or arndale5250 ?

I'm using new board which is made on 'arndale5250'.
So, the board which I use is very similar 'arndale5250'.

> 2) Is there a reason to use the linaro kernel trees rather than the mainline kernel trees from git.kernel.org ? > Not being a part of Linaro group i am not really familiar with the state of kernel present in linaro's git repositories.

No,there is no reason. just I knew nothing about linux for ARM except linaro. sorry I don't know kernel very well.
Okey, I'll use kernel source which you give me as below.

> There's one more thing that i wonder -- smdk5250_defconfig was never a defconfig defined in the mainline kernel, so the one
    >
> that you used could have been part of the customised kernel provided by Linaro.

Okey, I see.
I didn't know that.

> Please try to use the mainline kernel tree available from git.kernel.org.
    >
> For the latest linux kernel you can use the 'linux-next' tree, available at :
    > https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/
    >
    > since that would contain the most recent patches.

Okey Thanks !! I'll use this kernel version.

> The gcc version too seem a bit old. I personally am using gcc-4.7 version, so you can get that from various linux distros.

    Ok, I'll change GCC version 4.4 to 4.7.

> One more thing i would like to point out here is, as far as possible please try to keep the discussions, started on the mailing list,
    >
> confined to mailing list rather than sending personal mails. This will rather help others who are facing similar issues.
    >
> Right now, due to constraints with my mail client, i will not be able to take this message to linux-usb mailing list.
    >
    > Please take this conversation to the mailing list while answering.

Okey, Thanks your advance. I will do it as what you say.
And I'll try to do linux booting by linux kernel and cross compiler which you tell me. And I'll try to access USB 3.0 on new linux version and tell you and mailing list the result !!
Thanks again !!

- Taeung -