Re: Re:Re: move ZTE CDMA device pid from zte_ev.c back to option.c and modify a parameter in zte_ev.ko

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 09:42:08AM -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-06-23 at 18:15 +0800, 刘磊 wrote:
> > >Could you try the first patch (only) and see if it fixes the problem?
> > >Does it also fix the problem you're having with PID 0xfffe?
> >
> > yes, the first patch could solve the problem with pid 0xfffe.
> >

> > >When you you have tested the first patch, could you test the second one
> > >as well and see if everything still works?
> >
> > yes, the second path i had been tested and it works fine.
> >

> > In you other two mails, you want to modify the line-coding handling, but i'm not sure that have some problem.
> > otherwise, it will be have some problem in the pid  of 0xfffe for our company(the pid of 0xfffe belongs our company).
> > i suggest you sould move the pid of 0xfffe from zte_ev.c to option.c at first and then modify others.
> >

> > i don't know why create the file of zte_ev.c that is not necessary. i suggest we can move all the pid from zte_ev.c to option.c.
>
> The file is derived from the zte_ev.c that was distributed by ZTE
> themselves in the "ztemtApp" software for 0xffeb -> 0xffff, 0x3917,
> 0x6000, and 0x9008, which include the AC8700, AC8710, MG880, AC2726,
> AC8710_V3, AC2716, and a bunch of other CDMA devices.  They were
> originally driven by option, but users were having problems with that
> and I think people thought that maybe the "official" ZTE drivers would
> work better.
>
> I would like to move them to option if we can, and get rid of zte_ev.c,
> but to do that we must understand what zte_ev.c was actually trying to
> do so that we ensure that option can do it too.

I fully agree. If these ZTE devices still work with the two patches I
sent, they could probably still work without the remaining
SET_LINE_CODING (9600 8N1), and in that case there really isn't any
difference to the option driver (control-message wise).

Johan