Re: Gadget regression with enabling of MUSB babble interrupt handling

On 6/19/2014 4:54 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
* Daniel Mack <daniel@xxxxxxxxxx> [140619 03:51]:
On 06/19/2014 12:43 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
* Daniel Mack <daniel@xxxxxxxxxx> [140619 03:38]:
On 06/19/2014 12:31 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
* Daniel Mack <daniel@xxxxxxxxxx> [140619 03:10]:
On 06/19/2014 11:56 AM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
But that also raises a question: Were these patches merged for
v3.16 ever even tested in peripheral mode?
At the time, I had no such hardware to test this on, so I was hoping for
more testers to give them a try in different environments, which
apparently didn't happen. It fixed a dead USB port condition on
host-mode enabled hardware, though.
Well we probably should not merge patches without proper acks and
tested-by:s in general as things just seem to keep breaking
constantly otherwise. And things not working will keep people from
using linux next which will lead into even less testing..
I'm fairly sure the patch causing your trouble has been in linux-next
for a while before they hit the merge window, so people with gadget
enabled musb could have noticed the breakage early enough. The feedback
rate for patches to this driver posted to linux-usb is also usually low,
unfortunately.
I blame myself for not explicitly pointing out the fix.
Instead I clubbed it with this series.

http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=140109627505065&w=4

Sorry for that.

Right but the problem is that people are not touching linux next
because it's constantly broken :)
Anyway, breaking things is certainly not good, and I'm sorry for that.
I'm just uncertain what detail in the procedure should be tweaked in
order to prevent that from happening in the future.
Well I guess somebody should run basic tests on this driver in
linux next, that would probably solve the issues.

I am doing it.
Regards,

Tony

--