Re: CP210x Driver - Issue Enumerating Multiple Interfaces

On Fri, 16 May 2014, Miner, Blake wrote:

> Thanks to everyone who helped me with my first kernel patch.  Please
> see the patch in the link below.  If any revisions are necessary,
> please let me know.  Thanks!
>
> http://sweetamandas.com/cp210x.patch.txt

You should post patches in your email messages so that people can
comment on them in the reply.

The diff was made from the wrong directory; the pathname should start
with the name of the directory containing the top-level source files.
And your patch file should include a "---" line after the Signed-off-by
line.

The diff compares the wrong files.  That is, it compares a .c file to
something that isn't a .c file.  This means that when someone applies
your patch, they won't be able to compile the new code.

Finally, I don't understand how this patch could make any difference.
At the time the ->attach() routine runs, the device should already be
locked.  A better strategy might be to call usb_queue_device_reset().

Alan Stern