Re: Bugs in xhci-hcd isochronous support

> I got it.  There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the data in the
> file.  This means whatever the problem is, there's a good chance we
> can't find it through software.
>
> Does your computer have any USB-2 ports?  Or is it possible to disable
> the USB-3 controllers in the BIOS?  It would be worthwhile to see if
> the audio works when the device is attached to a non-USB-3 controller.
>
> Alan Stern

Particular Attention *******Intel******* people

The audio device does work correctly on USB2.0 ports on another
computer. The NUC does have USB 2.0 port headers on the PCB which I
can try but as Intel have neglected to document anywhere on what the
connections are it will take a bit of time to figure them out, they
also look non standard header spacing at 2mm instead of 2.54mm, 0.1",
so I need to source 2mm header connectors. Its not possible to disable
USB 3.0 controllers in Bios, I would be happy if Intel could provide
that as a workround. I have posted this previously,
https://forums.presonus.com/posts/list/33427.page , where people are
complaining about USB 3.0 Isochronous audio and rightly or wrongly are
blaming Intel. From Intels perspective they might not care about the
hi-fi market, its not that big, but the pro audio market is
significant. I will try the onboard USB ports at some point and report
the results back but it seems a bit of a backward step if I have to
drill a hole in the box to get the USB audio running correctly. I am
happy if someone from Intel want to contact me to try non Unix
workarounds like different Bios software.

BR

Russel