Re: usb audio breaks ohci-pci

On Fri, 25 Apr 2014 16:54:29 -0400 (EDT), Alan Stern wrote:
> All right, here's a slightly different version of the patch.  This one
> should shut down the controller entirely when the problem occurs and
> the frame pointer stops.
>
> After another week or so, I'll expect to see your next report...

So, it happened again, barely a day since I applied the patch. This
time I got an interesting irq kernel call trace, involving
"__report_bad_irq.isra":

http://dennisn.linuxd.org/guest/pubstuff/debug-usbaudio/crash7.log

Not sure if it's relevant, but from the "registers" debugging file, I
also noticed that this time the "fmremaining" and "FR" values were not
changing over time, and the "FRT" tag is not there.

Also not sure if it's relevant, but the devices are still able to get
power when they're in this crashed/unresponsive state. And also, I
haven't (yet) been able to reproduce this bug with a 4-port hub that I
started to use. But we'll see how long that claim lasts.