Re: [EHCI Debug Port] Linux fails to setup EHCI debug port

Sorry for the late response, as I do not follow linux-usb list very closely.

I have discussed recent Intel chipsets and EHCI debug in some detail on the coreboot mailing list [1].

As for the discussion [2] that took place here in February, I noticed you tried with early_printk=dbgp which only tries USB bus 1 on EHCI 0:1a.0. You need to use early_printk=dbgp1 to probe USB bus 2 (EHCI 0:1d.0), lsusb output suggested that is the controller net20dc was plugged in.

Correct USB port would appear as "usb 1-1.2" or "usb 2-1.2" in the system log when you connect your USB device. EHCI debug mode will bypass the rate matching hubs.

While it does not appear to case on your setup, enabled XHCI can also prevent EHCI debug from working. And sometimes you see bad design where the USB port you need is either routed to mini-pci-e or ExpressCard slot or not connected at all.

Regards,
Kyösti

[1] http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2014-January/077016.html
[2] http://marc.info/?t=139270609100003&r=1&w=2