RE: libusbg and vbus detection for UDC driver

Hey,
Nice to know that someone else is also interested in usage of libusbg
library:)

I looked into code of usb_moded (just looked, didn't read the whole
code). I found it really interesting, a lot of work has been done. Good
to know that someone is also working with userspace usb gadget:)

We are also working on such daemon and we found libusbg suitable for it.
Usb_moded does quite a lot of things I see. We also considered such
approach but we found out that this will not be suitable for us because
things like setting network interfaces or other should be done by
specialized daemons (like connman). We try to make a demon which will be
as much generic as possible. We have chosen a design in which gadgetd
(our daemon, will be open-sourced shortly;) ) does only required things
connected directly with usb. So it should be a simple daemon which will
only get messages via dbus or other IPC's and execute (with some policy
like pollkit or sth) demands from user apps (for example settings).
Things like setting network interface or ssh we would like to export
from our daemon because they are not directly connected with usb. When
I'm talking about demands I think about some gadget settings or loading
created before gadget. Our goal is to provide support for functionFS, so
applications will only select which function to use and if some instance
of ffs has been chosen the daemon will take care of all required things
before enabling gadget (mount ffs etc.).

Maybe it would be beneficial to get into cooperation?
What do you think about such approach?
How your daemon integrate with whole system environment and policy?

> > 1. It seems that libusbg from Matt Porter seems the library to
> use.
> > Is that correct? I saw patches on the mailing list, but they did
> not
> > seem to have made it to: https://github.com/libusbg/libusbg
>
> I think it's the right choice. :) As of last week, all but the
> latest
> two series that have been posted have been merged to master as I
> work
> through some backlog in my copious spare time.

@Matt
Not all changes has been merged. Remove gadget functionality which I
have fixed according to your remarks last week is still waiting for
merge both on the list and in pull request on github.

--
BR's
Krzysztof Opasiak