MUSB/OMAP: gadget does not start when cable is plugged after the driver is started

Hi!

I'm currently seeing a problem on an OMAP3530 based board (Technexion TAO3530). Where the MUSB is configured as device/peripheral and the ethernet gadget is compiled into the kernel. This works without any problems and usb0 is available when the USB cable is connected to a PC upon startup. But when the cable is disconnected when the driver is started (doesn't matter if the gadget is included in the kernel or if the gadget driver module is loaded) and the cable is plugged in later, the ethernet gadget does not start up. This is 100% reproducible.

Before digging deeper into this, I wanted to check here if this is a known issue. And if anybody already has a solution/hint for it.

FYI: I'm using v3.14 right now.

Thanks,
Stefan