Re: USB 3.0 Isochronous audio

Playing any audio via spotify, youtube, BBC iplayer, XBMC causes the
problem. The problem is the audio glitches, its never crashed, as I
said the same device works flawlessly on a USB2.0 device amd has done
for about two years. Even with no music playing the buffer level
changes, the problem. I have seen this  which is interesting
https://forums.presonus.com/posts/list/33427.page   I will try and get
usbmon working tomorrow but it seems its a known Intel issue, I dont
know if you can manage a software workaround.

"Errata
1. USB Isoch In Transfer Error Issue

Problem: If a USB full-speed inbound isochronous transaction with a
packet length 190 bytes or
greater is started near the end of a microframe the PCH may see more
than 189 bytes
in the next microframe.

Implication: If the PCH sees more than 189 bytes for a microframe an
error will be sent to software
and the isochronous transfer will be lost. If a single data packet is
lost no perceptible
impact for the end user is expected.

Note: Intel has only observed the issue in a synthetic test
environment where precise control
of packet scheduling is available, and has not observed this failure
in its compatibility
validation testing.

* Isochronous traffic is periodic and cannot be retried thus it is
considered good
practice for software to schedule isochronous transactions to start at
the beginning
of a microframe. Known software solutions follow this practice.
* To sensitize the system to the issue additional traffic such as
other isochronous
transactions or retries of asynchronous transactions would be required
to push the
inbound isochronous transaction to the end of the microframe.

Workaround: None.