Re: uas_disconnect() and morphed devices after resumption

Hi,

On 03/28/2014 01:53 PM, Oliver Neukum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking at uas_disconnect() calling uas_free_streams()
> unconditionally. I wonder what this does if a device has
> morphed. It seems to me we'd try to free streams of endpoints
> that might not even exist.

If a device morphs we will get uas_disconnect() called before
the kernel re-enumerates the device, so then we will still have
all the old endpoints in the interface struct, and freeing the
streams should work fine.

Note that freeing the streams is an controller level operation,
nothing is send to the device, and since at this point all our
state still reflects the old descriptors of the device
everything should be fine.

Regards,

Hans